Raw Zucchini Lasagne
What you’ll need:
- All GF Vegan Oil-Free Nut-based Italian Meat or substitute of choice. Chop Parsley, Colored Peppers & other vegetables of choice and combine together. Set Aside.
- All GF Vegan Nut-based Plain, Garlic or Chive Cheese Spread or substitute of choice. Gradually add water and combine well to a creamy sauce-like texture. Be careful how much you add, you don’t want it too runny! Set aside.
- Optional – Not-Tomato Sauce (recipe below) or substitute of choice. Blend a little Sauce with the ‘Meat’ at a time to moisten well. Too much will make it messy during assembly and plating. Set the mixture aside again and save any leftover Sauce to drizzle over the finished Lasagne and the rest can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese (recipe below) or substitute of choice.
- Large Organic Zucchini, we recommend one for each person. Slice long ways with a Mandolin slicer, sprinkle a little salt on each slice and rub well. This is meant to soften the Zucchini, not to season it, so be careful not to add too much. Once done, lay slicer in a strainer over a bowl to allow the liquid to be released. Turn after 10mins, slices should be softer and have released some liquid. Once all slices have softened, about 20-30mins total, pat dry and set aside.
- Place Zucchini slices side by side to form a rectangle or square and add a layer of the Meat mixture. Then add a second layer of Zucchini, add the second layer across the first (not parallel) to help your Lasagne stay together. Add a layer of Cheese Sauce.
- Alternate layers between the Meat mixture and the Cheese, ideally two of each. The top layer should be topped with both the Meat mixture followed by the Cheese Sauce and the Vegan Parmesan.
- Soak 1 tbsp of Tamarind Paste in ½ water. Stir well, feel free to use your hands to break it up faster if needed. Strain and top of the mixture with water to get 1 full cup
- In a food processor or high-speed blender combine the following:
- 1 Large Carrot + ½ Red Pepper + 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- Add the liquid a little at a time, Basil & Oregano till well blended.
- Optional: Add 1-2 tbsp Cheese Sauce for a creamier consistency
- Optional: Salt, use restraint, the Zucchini have already been salted, so has the Italian Meat & Cheese Base.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- In a food processor combine the following until you get a sand-like texture:
- 5.5oz Dry Raw Cashews (unsoaked) + 0.5-1oz Nutritional Yeast + 2 pinches Garlic Powder. Add salt as needed.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 10days in the fridge.
- Place a teaspoon of the Meat Mixture followed by the Cheese Sauce on the tip of each Zucchini Slice and roll it for a quick, easy and delicious Appetizer!
- Use Meat Mixture without Cheese, or Cheese Sauce without Meat for varying flavors. You can also use Any Flat Lettuce leaves instead of the Zucchini to make a Lasagne Salad, just trim and stack the lettuce and layer as you would the Zucchini.
- Prefer it cooked? Foil a baking dish, later you Zucchini and filling the same way and broil for a few minutes before sprinkling the Vegan Parmesan on top. You can also top each Cheese layer with Vegan Mozzarella Shreds, including the top layer. We prefer So Delicious or Follow Your Heart.
- Like the idea but want to mix things up without the Zucchini? Well then, add some chopped Asparagus and stuff half of a Bell Pepper for a Main Course or half a Mini Sweet Pepper for an Appetizer. Same works with Mushrooms too, a large Cap for a Main or buttons for Appetizers.
- Feel free to vary your ingredients too, add Chopped Spinach, Bok Choi, Leeks, Arugula, Asparagus, Zucchini or whatever you enjoy in the mix depending on